- This event has passed.
STARTUP U: BUSINESS MODEL CLASS, MAY 11
May 11 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
About this event
Innovation is not always about new technology—in fact, many of today’s leading companies like Amazon.com, Apple, and Netflix gained market advantages with business model innovation.
In this online, participatory class, you will learn the principles of the Business Model Canvas to understand, design, and differentiate your business model—whether you run a startup or an established business.
With examples and interactive exercises, you will come away with a better understanding of where your business model is today, and where you might want to take it tomorrow.
The class will cover:
- An overview of the Business Model Canvas, and how it differs from the Lean Canvas
- Customer segments, distribution channels, and value propositions
- Key activities, resources, and partners
- Revenue streams and costs
- Business model adaptability in a changing world
- How to spot assumptions in your model that need to be tested
Presenter: Jonathan Boehman (with mentor Phillip Gomer)
Jonathan Boehman is an innovation & UX consultant, and a startup advisor. He co-founded (and later sold) Immersion Active, a Frederick-area digital firm focused on adults in the second half of life, where he worked with such brands as the AARP, Del Webb, Long Fence, and the Baltimore Ravens. He was most recently the Director of Innovation at Home Instead, the world’s largest senior care franchise system, and the co-author of Dot Boom: Marketing to Baby Boomers through Meaningful Online Engagement.