Startup Generation Series with Laura Bacon
March 11 @ 3:30 pm - April 29 @ 4:30 pmFree
Please note, this program is open to all high school female students.
Join the HCEDA, MIC, and Laura Bacon from the 3rd for a 8-week workshop to gain personal and professional development experiences that can help prepare you for life post-graduation. You will be in a community of other students beginning their journey into entrepreneurship. At the end of this program, you’ll walk away with the thinking behind startups and how to take your idea from concept to reality. You’ll also meet female leaders across different industries who are shaking up the way we think about business.
The dates for the 8 week workshop are March 11, March 18, March 25, April 1, and April 8, April 15, April 22, and April 29.
Over the course of the program, we will cover topics including:
- Startup site tours & guest speakers
- Self-discovery & idea formation
- Building transferrable professional skills
- Learning the in’s and out’s of pitch readiness
- Finding your entrepreneurial focus
Here is a preview of the objectives to be covered in each session:
- Engage in introductory activities in order to summarize program objectives, expectations, and norms.
- Explore different methods for self discovery in order to prepare for ideation and its process.
- Utilize the ideation process to develop their own entrepreneurial focus.
- Utilize design thinking processes to create empathy maps to understand who their entrepreneurial focus impacts and how.
- Learn to identify typical funding sources for entrepreneurs in order to determine how to best fund their ideas.
- Explore the essential elements to a pitch in order to develop a clear, concise way of presenting their own projects.
- Partake in Demo Day
Registration will close on March 1, 2021.
About Laura Bacon, Founder/ CEO of The 3rd: Laura Bacon works to create spaces where people can show up as the best version of themselves. Her life and her work are centered around community building. For 14 years, Laura channeled that through her work in education. She also worked as a company manager in theaters, an artists’ manager at an opera, a mentor teacher, and most recently she settled into her passion of entrepreneurship and community building. Her talent is in putting all the right people in a space to make something special. Learn more about The 3rd here.