2022 Nominations Open from January 5, 2022 - February 4, 2022
Who will you nominate for an Industry Award?
The 2022 Industry Awards Celebration will take place May 12 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center with a cocktail party, networking, and the coveted awards. Last year’s live broadcast of the event brought over 9,000 viewers. This year we will continue to livestream the awards program.
You have the chance to honor a new slate of icons in 2022. Submit your nominations beginning January 5th!
Nominate your colleagues or yourself for one of these prestigious awards. The deadline to apply is February 5, 2021. Click here to view nomination form questions.
Executive of the Year
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year – Government Contracting
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year – Life Sciences
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year – Technology
Company of the Year
- Emerging Life Sciences Company of the Year
- Emerging Technology Company of the Year
- Government Contracting Company of the Year
- Life Sciences Company of the Year
- Technology Company of the Year
Nominations for the Industry Awards are open to all companies and individuals who have done business in Maryland during 2021. You do not have to be a MTC member to nominate.
Entry Form Submissions
Entries must be submitted via the online form by the deadline date of February 4, 2022. When submitting an entry, please refer to the criteria information under each category.
A nominating committee has been formed of leading businessmen and women in the Washington Metro area. There are different ways a company or executive can be nominated: self-nomination, nominated by the committee, or client nominations.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged in any category and all entries will be judged separately.
Entries will be judged on the basis of the information provided to the judges on the entry form. The most effective nominations will include a brief company and/or product description, a brief financial performance summary, a report on the company’s performance, and highlights of the executive’s accomplishments and why they should be considered an award winner.
All financial data will be held in the strictest confidence. It will only be reviewed by the nominating committee and judging panel.
- A nominating committee will review all submissions, and the strongest applications will be moved to the qualified nominations category.
- The nominating committee will conduct formal interviews to receive further information on the qualified nominations.
- Judges will receive all qualified nominations accompanied with a written letter from the nominating committee.
- An independent panel of judges comprised of peers from industry and past MTC IAC winners will select the finalists and award recipients. Maryland Tech Council personnel will not be involved in the judging process.
- The finalists will be announced in March, followed by a finalists’ reception in mid-April in their honor. The winners will be announced at the event on May 12, 2022.
Entries will be kept strictly confidential and seen only by the nominating and judging committee who sign a confidentiality agreement and do not retain any documentation.
Finalists and Award Winners
The judging process is comprehensive, and all finalists and award winners will be recognized at the event. MTC asks that all finalists be present at the ceremony and the award winners will be announced that evening.